Tuesday 24 September 2013

After warming up with some basic painting (LotR Elves from the first box-set, a few that had been undercoated and deprioritised continuously for the past few years) I decided that of the options I had for painting, the one that would possibly give me biggest gaming-bang-for-buck, and something that I'd been meaning to do for a fair while, was some figures for the game SAGA. So I arranged a Friday night game via the club Facebook page and was ready to go. Except of course I had no figures to run in it. Mark, who was going to ref the game for Paul and I. Mark assured me that he had between his and someone else's figures enough for both of us, but I wanted to get something done. So I managed to get four Anglo-Danish/Saxon hearthguard painted up (minus finished bases) and got them into the stoush on the night.

The short version was that it was an educational game, we learnt all the basics, and I found the SAGA dice and command options to be just plain fun! Here's a few shots of a small part of the action:
The English defending the village

Vikings on the way in...
Raiders at the northern end of town
My lads preparing for action

No comments:

Post a Comment