Wednesday 25 September 2013

So, in the ongoing quest to put together an English force for SAGA I've been working on a series of figures. Some are what some guys at the club and I believe to be old Wargames Foundry Anglo-Saxons that I purchased on eBay, while the rest are plastic Gripping Beast figures. So, there I am peacefully preparing the guys for undercoating and such, and the sword and hand of one of the lads in a particularly dynamic pose just drops off! Given it's unlikely there's any sort of warranty on old Anglo-Saxon huscarls losing bits of limbs, I thought I'd better simply pin it and pop it back on. Not a big task, but just in case anyone searching online hasn't seen shots of it done before (though I'm sure there's someone who has the time to do a full live demo on You Tube), here's a few pictures of the process.
The patient's wrist after cleaning it up with a file and drilling the hole
Far-shot of the brass pin in place
...and a bit more detail. I'd already measured it and cut it to size.
The pin seemed like it may have been a bit long, but...
...after a bit of liquid green stuff it seems like a good fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment