Tuesday 24 September 2013

So after constructing a miniature paint shaker to revive all my paints after my time away, it turned out I couldn't save all of them. Some had just separated to a point where they were too much like an emulsion to be usable. Some others, though, I've had to replace because the pots have become unusable. But, this isn't because of any fault in them. I'm referring to old Citadel Miniatures paints that I purchased a good 20 years ago. These things were fantastic - they have barely dried out over the years, and when they started to the addition of a little distilled water did the trick. Magnificent stuff. These speak to the quality of the paint products that Games Workshop have put out. Now, I have to retire them as the lids have cracked to the poitn where I just can't open them without breaking them any more. So, vale trusty pigments, definitely got value for money out of you lot and the others that came in the box with you!
The Terra Cotta to the right looks a bit dodgy but the paint inside was still fine.

The lids are a little on the gone-side aren't they...

No comments:

Post a Comment